FY2022 Competitive Grants
The Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) Aspire Adult Workforce Readiness Education program is accepting applications from eligible providers to implement and improve adult education and literacy activities within the state.
The Aspire Grant Application is now available on the Aspire Grants webpage.
Aspire programs assist adults in developing literacy skills necessary for employment and self-sufficiency; obtaining educational skills necessary to become full partners in the educational development of their children; and achieving the educational skills necessary for completion of a secondary level of education. This funding is made available through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Title II, Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA).
Grant opportunities include:
- Aspire Instructional, WIOA Section 231
- Corrections Education & Other Institutionalized Individuals, WIOA Section 225
- Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE), WIOA Section 243
Applicants may apply for one of the above or any combination of grant opportunities. The deadline for applying for the three-year grant(s) is 5:00 PM EST on March 31, 2021 (NOW CLOSED).
Timeline for the RFP:
- RFP Issued: 2/1/21
- Recorded Informational Webinar Posted: 2/12/21
- Deadline for Accepting Grant Questions: 3/11/21
- RFP/Grant(s) Application Submission Deadline: 3/31/21
- Award Notifications Issued: 6/4/21
The Aspire Grants Guidance and other grant resources are available at this page.
Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) Aspire Program is not able to respond to individual questions from potential applicants. Questions and responses will be published on the Aspire Grants webpage for public viewing.
All questions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For background information on the Ohio Aspire program, see this presentation.
The award funds are made possible through a combination of the:
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE);
- Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) funds;
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act 2014 (WIOA); and the
- Ohio General Assembly
ODHE Aspire hosts a website page with helpful WIOA resources.
- Eligible Applicants
- AEFLA Resource Guide
- Ohio Counties - Adult Literacy and Numeracy Data
The above includes any and all information currently available.