- FY 2021 Aspire and IELCE Grants (.mp4 webinar)
FY2019 Competitive Grant
Aspire programs assist adults in developing literacy skills necessary for employment and self-sufficiency; obtaining educational skills necessary to become full partners in the educational development of their children; and achieving the educational skills necessary for completion of a secondary level of education. This funding is made available through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Title II, Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA).
- Instructions and General Information
- FY 2019 Competitive Grant FAQ FINAL
- Bidders Conference Recorded Webinar
All questions must be sent to email@example.com.
For background information on the Ohio Aspire program, see this presentation.
The award funds are made possible through a combination of the:
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE);
- Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) funds;
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act 2014 (WIOA); and the
- Ohio General Assembly
ODHE Aspire hosts a website page with helpful WIOA resources, including links to the WIOA law and regulations and the website for OCTAE, Aspire’s federal governing agency.
- Eligible Applicants
- AEFLA Resource Guide
- Ohio Counties - Adult Literacy and Numeracy Data
The above includes any and all information currently available.
Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) Aspire Program is not able to respond to individual questions from potential applicants at this time; however, a question and answer period will be conducted during the Request for Proposal process. Questions and responses will be published on the Aspire Grants webpage for public viewing.