Information for Students
Ohio's Aspire programs provide FREE services for individuals who need assistance acquiring the skills to be successful in post-secondary education and training, and employment. Local programs offer classes at flexible locations, and on different days and times to meet diverse needs. All students are required to attend orientation, where an assessment is given to help determine the individual’s educational needs and goals.
Services available at programs throughout all 88 Ohio counties include:
- Basic math, reading and writing skills
- Adult Secondary Education/High School Equivalence preparation
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Transition services – helping students develop essential skills for employment and post-secondary
- Life skills, employability skills and computer literacy
- Workplace Education – education services offered in collaboration with an employer to increase the productivity of the workforce
- Corrections Education – a partnership with a jail, detention center, community-based rehabilitation center or other similar institution
- Distance Education - enhancing learning using technology
What's in a name? ABLE becomes Aspire (Ashland Times-Gazette, 11-16-2017)
Phone: 833-8Aspire (833-827-7473)
Information for Administrators
This section houses information and forms for local program administrators, coordinators, teachers and volunteers. If you are a teacher seeking instructional and professional development resources click here.
- Forms & Reference Materials – Policies and documents related to accountability, best practices, distance learning, English literacy and civics education, professional development, stackable certificates, standards and benchmarks, and transitions.
- Grants – RFPs and information related to the Aspire Instructional and Integrated English Literacy with Integrated Educaton and Training (IELCE/IET) grants
- Meetings – Materials from previous statewide meetings and conferences.
- Program Directory – An alphabetical listing of Ohio Aspire programs and other resources.
- WIOA Resources - Resources for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act