Capital Planning & Development assists state-supported institutions of higher education by coordinating releases of state appropriations for facility improvements with the state Controlling Board.
Capital Planning also provides the following support:
- Advocates, monitors, and evaluates budget policies and makes assessments of state need regarding Higher Education capital funding.
- Reviews and assesses funding requests to renovate, construct or acquire new capital facilities and necessary equipment used in the conduct of general education, research, and technological development.
- Develops capital formula recommendations based on aged space, activity components, and space shortage calculations.
- Communicates capital planning and budget guidelines.
- Administers various budget appropriations.
- Initiates requests to the state Controlling Board on behalf of the Board of Regents.
General Requirements for Request to Approve Pledge of Fees
Per Section 369.410 of Am. Sub. H.B. 64 of the 131st General Assembly, public institutions of higher education must seek the Chancellor’s approval prior to pledging fees to secure bonds or notes. To assist in this process, we have developed the following template to collect the information necessary to assess the financial viability of the proposed project(s).
Controlling Board Information
- 2020 Controlling Board Schedule
- Link to the eControlling Board
- Capital Request With Waiver
- Real Estate Request Worksheet