|About||FAQs||Students & Families||Resources for Administrators|
Key Information for Students & Families
Nonpublic & Homeschool Families
Funding awards for homeschool and nonpublic students for the 2019-2020 school year have been made! Award letters are available in the new OH|ID System. Please check your email for additional information and see the information below about how to access the new system.
SAFE Account Integration with the OH|ID System
- For information on on how to access and navigate the new OH|ID portal, please visit the Department of Education's OH|ID Portal Help webpage.
- If you have additional questions about OH|ID, contact the Ohio Department of Education at 877-644-6338 or Profile.Help@education.ohio.gov.
Webinars for Students & Families
Please take a few moments to view these webinars for more information on important topics for the 2018-2019 school year!
- Student Eligibility & College Admissions Process – How do I know if I am eligible to participate?
- Course Eligibility – What courses can I take under College Credit Plus?
- Underperforming Students – What happens if I don’t do well in my College Credit Plus Courses?
Click on a topic below to learn more:
Timeline and Participation Information
Important dates for students between February and April 2019 (for participation during the 2019-2020 school year)
- Talk with your school counselor. Discuss your interest in taking college courses and how it fits in with your overall academic plan and career goals.
Contact the college or university that you are interested in attending. Each college will have different admissions deadlines and requirements for testing. Students are responsible for meeting deadlines, submitting application forms, and meeting criteria for acceptance into College Credit Plus. You must go through the procedures established by the colleges/universities to apply to College Credit Plus and to enroll in courses. In addition, all students must complete an assessment exam to determine eligibility for participation.
Prior to February 1, 2019, your district will provide information about the College Credit Plus program to all students in grades 6 through 11. An informational session will be held and all colleges and universities within a 30-mile radius will be invited to attend before February 15, 2019. If you cannot attend, schedule an appointment with your school counselor.
- By April 1, 2019, notify your school counselor if you intend to participate in College Credit Plus during the upcoming school year by completing and submitting the Intent to Participate form. After April 1, public school students will need permission from the school principal to participate.
Nonpublic and home school students must email the Intent to Participate form as noted on the form by April 1, 2019. Parents/students must login to their SAFE accounts to complete the entire application process for College Credit Plus funding before April 12, 2019 at 5 p.m. EST.The state is not able to offer any extensions or exceptions to this deadline.
Please note: the deadlines listed above have passed. Please check with your school counselor for more information. If you are a nonpublic or homeschool student, funding award notifications will be made by May 17, 2019.
- Prior to college class attendance, your high school counselor will assist you in determining a course’s equivalency to a high school course(s). Your counselor can use this High School Graduation Requirements Crosswalk document for more information.
Homeschooled & Nonpublic Students - Funding Application Process
Participating Colleges and Universities
- All Ohio public colleges and universities participate in College Credit Plus. An interactive map showing all Ohio public colleges can be found here.
- A list of independent colleges in Ohio, along with applicable CCP webpages is available here, with a map of these colleges here.
- If you are interested in attending a college that is not on either of these lists, please contact the college directly for more information or reach out to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCP News Bulletins
For more information please contact: CCP@highered.ohio.gov
Director, College Credit Plus
Assistant Director, College Credit Plus