Bowling Green State University
Developing Effective Businesses and Organizations is a Center of Excellence drawing upon Bowling Green State University's national expertise in business, organizational development and performance.
This interdisciplinary Center of Excellence is comprised of nationally ranked academic programs in industrial-organizational psychology; business; and leadership and policy studies; as well as seven institutes and academic centers: the Center for Regional Development, the Dallas-Hamilton Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership, Supply Chain Management Institute, the Institute for Service Excellence, the Institute for Organizational Effectiveness, Center for Business Analytics, and the Institute for Psychological Research and Application..
Driving Economic Advancement
A strong competitive economy for Ohio requires developing effective organizations in the business sector as well as government, nonprofit, health care, social service, and education. The State of Ohio has recognized this economic imperative in strategic plans by the Ohio Department of Development and the University System of Ohio.
The Center's faculty and students will assist Ohio's economy by working with Ohio-based organizations to help improve operations.
These efforts have included resolving a supply chain issue that is constraining company growth, diagnosing high-levels of employee turnover, developing business plans for start-up companies, and analyzing customer data sets to develop new services. BGSU and this Center of Excellence will continue to provide the state's employers with a steady stream of talented graduates who are prepared to make immediate contributions..
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology program ranked 4th in the nation by U.S. News and World Report.
- Undergraduate Business Program ranked 20th for academic quality among public universities by BusinessWeek.
- College of Business named in Best Business Schools for seven consecutive years by The Princeton Review – rated #2 among business colleges in Ohio for student academic experience and selectivity.
- An Ohio Eminent Scholar in Industrial-Organizational Psychology
- Six endowed professorships in the College of Business.
- Develop talent in undergraduate and graduate students to cultivate future business leaders of the state.
- Continued development of graduate education to serve Ohio's working professionals.
- Partner with businesses and government leaders to support work force development.
- Transfer knowledge gained from research to help improve the efficiency and competitiveness of business and organizations
- Higher rankings for affi liated academic programs
- Increased number of applied research projects between faculty, students, and organizations
- Increased number of graduates from affiliated programs
- Growth in external funding for this Center of Excellence and associated programs
- Increased number of endowed faculty
- Increased participation in Whitehouse Business Plan Competition