Shawnee State University
Shawnee State's Center of Excellence in Immersive Technology is built on pioneering academic programs in digital simulation and gaming, a state-of-the-art motion capture studio, and a developing Immersive Technology and Arts Commercial Center.
The Center of Excellence combines immersive technology with Shawnee State's strengths in teaching to deliver a unique collaboration, one that creates new opportunities for economic growth in the region and state.
Driving Economic Advancement
Immersive technology refers to computer-based simulation of reality with physical, spatial, and visual dimensions. The gaming and simulation industry promises explosive growth that can be a catalyst in our state's economic renaissance.
Immersive technology is already known for its applications in entertainment; however, its real potential lies in all fields of teaching, learning, and training such as medicine, science, education, and engineering.
- Innovative baccalaureate programs in Gaming and Simulation offered through the Department of Engineering Technology and the Department of Fine, Digital and Performing Arts
- Nationally recognized annual conference in interactive digital technology
- ITAC Motion Capture Studio
- Immersive Technology and Arts Center
- Achieve a nationally recognized leadership role in acquiring and applying new immersive technologies
- Increase applied research and funding
- Provide internship, career, and business opportunities for students and graduates
- Cultivate collaboration and synergism between academic programs, business, and industry
- Maximize use of the Immersive Technology and Arts Center by business and industry when not in academic use
- Identify and obtain funding for development of the Immersive Technology and Arts Center
- Facilitate and expand commercialization efforts for the Motion Capture Studio
- Have a significant economic impact on the community, region, and state
- External grants
- Student internships
- Number of students working in their field in the State of Ohio
- Business startups in Ohio
- Usage and revenue generated by Motion Capture Studio