Ohio Department of Higher Education
25 South Front Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Conference Room 102 on the first floor
The schedule for the public stakeholder meetings is as follows:
Thursday, August 30, 2018
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am: Bachelor of Applied Science in Biotechnology, Sinclair Community College
- 10:15 am - 11:15 am: Bachelor of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering Technology in Protection and Control, Zane State College
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm: Applied Bachelor’s Degree in Management Accounting, Stark State College
- Break, 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Bachelor of Applied Science in Addictions and Integrated Treatment Services, Clark State Community College
- 2:45 pm – 3:45 pm: Bachelor of Applied Science in Web Design and Development, Clark State Community College
No final decisions will be made during the stakeholder meetings; rather, the meetings will provide another venue for interested parties to comment on the five applied bachelor’s degree applications that are currently being considered. Upon the conclusion of the stakeholder meetings, ODHE will continue to review relevant information and may ask for follow-up items before making a final decision as to which programs are approved to move forward to the next step in the process.
Stakeholder meetings will be highly structured and facilitated by ODHE staff. Anyone is welcome to attend; however, those wishing to provide verbal comments during the meeting will need to register no later than 4:00 pm on Thursday, August 23, 2018. Those providing verbal comments during the meeting will need to provide a copy of their written statements to ODHE via email to email@example.com by Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 4:00 pm. Please note that verbal comments related to each specific applied bachelor’s degree application will be limited to one representative from each participating organization (e.g. college, university, association, workforce partner, etc.). Student representatives wanting to provide verbal comments must be limited to one current student and one alumni of the program.
For those who would like to attend without providing comments, please register by emailing Betsy Kordes at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 pm on Thursday, August 23.
Depending on the volume of pre-registered speakers in attendance, it may be necessary to limit the amount of time allotted to each individual speaker. The college applying to offer the applied bachelor’s degree will have the opportunity to speak first at the meeting, followed by other pre-registered proponents. Those offering statements either neutral to or in opposition of the program will then have an opportunity to provide verbal comments. ODHE staff may ask clarifying questions of those in attendance before the conclusion of the 1-hour allotment.