|About||Events||Documents & Resources||Helpful Links|
This year OCTANE will focus on CTAG discipline-specific course submission workshops as well as provide opportunities for campuses to develop and deploy funded-professional development activities. The areas of focus this year are as follows:
- Early Childhood Education and Development
- Supply Chain Management Technology
- Hospitality, Tourism, and Culinary Arts
- Interactive Media and Visual Design and Imaging (combined)
- Agriculture Pathway CTAGs (Agribusiness, Animal Science, Biotechnology, Food Science, Horticulture, and Natural Resource Management)
During these workshops faculty will learn more about career-technical education in Ohio, submit their CTAGs in the discipline, and have an opportunity to work with other faculty to discuss the development of a professional development activity.
Faculty may view the list of dates and locations and register here.
Research Day Event 2019
The Ohio Department of Higher Education invites you to attend our 2019 Research Day event on May 30th, 2019. Sessions will include an update on Career-Technical Credit Transfer Initiatives by Ohio Articulation and Transfer Network (OATN) staff and presentations from Ohio public community colleges and universities that recently conducted a (CT)² research project at their institution. Participants will share the results of their study, the intent of which is to inform the OATN on the success outcomes of students who participated in career-technical education prior to enrollment at their institution and who were awarded articulated career-technical education credit upon enrollment through the use of statewide articulation agreements [Career-Technical Assurance Guides (CTAGs)], Prior Learning Assessment, or the One-Year Option.
Registration for this event is free and you may sign up at:
Date: May 30th, 2019
Time: 10:00 – 2:30
Location: Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT), 1980 W. Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43223.
Free parking is available in any of the unreserved spaces in front of the ODOT building or the adjacent lot in front of the Department of Public Safety. Lunch will not be provided but food and beverages may be purchased at the onsite cafeteria.
Questions about this event may be sent to Mr. Shane DeGarmo, associate director for career-technical transfer initiatives, at 614-644-6767 or .
(CT)² Research Studies Project
The Ohio and Articulation Transfer Network (OATN) Team is pleased to announce a (CT)² Research Studies Project opportunity to Ohio public colleges and universities.
- The project offers five public colleges or universities funding not to exceed $2,000 each to conduct local institutional studies of a qualitative or quantitative nature that will inform the OATN on the success outcomes of students who participated in career-technical education.
- Projects should include students who were awarded articulated career-technical education credit upon enrollment at an institution through the use of statewide articulation agreements [Career-Technical Assurance Guides (CTAGs)], Prior Learning Assessment, or the One-Year Option.
- A presentation summarizing previous projects completed in 2016 may be viewed here.
- More information, including guidelines and requirements for submission, project deadlines, and Scope of Work document, is available here.
- Institutions may submit proposals through November 12th, 2018. Please contact Shane DeGarmo at 614.644.6767 if you have questions.
Shaping Ohio's Career-Technical Research Agenda
The Ohio Department of Higher Education invited institutional research professionals; graduate student rsearchers in leadership, higher education, and administrative education programs; CTE leadership, CTE stakeholders, and any researchers and budding researchers to this FREE EVENT to:
- Help generate key research questions about Ohio's CTE students;
- Learn about funded research opportunities given to postsecondary education institutions in the past, see the results, adn hear about future research possibilities;
- Hear about ODHE research and learn about tools, data sets, and resources for future quantitative research;
- Help shape Ohio's research agenda!
June 7, 2018
South West Career Academy, Grove City
Featured Speaker -
Matt S. Giani, Ph.D.
The University of Texas at Austin
Speaking about his research on statewide articulation studies in CTE
OCTANE Year One
OCTANE Year Two
OCTANE 2.0 (2018) Regional Webinars
These webinars are open to public institutions of higher education who attended the April 7, 2017 event. They will reinforce goals set at that event and provide information on technical assistance in meeting campus goals.
Central Regional Webinar - Feburary 6, 2018 | Coming Soon
Northeastern Regional Webinar - January 26, 2018 | Recording
Northwestern Regional Webinar - January 31, 2018 | Presentation
Southeastern Regional Webinar - January 31, 2018 | Presentation
OCTANE 2.0 (2018) Regional Submission Workshops
The OCTANE on the Road (OOTR) submission workshops are for secondary and post-secondary public institutions that need to have their career-technical courses approved for statewide credit. Using a new training and facilitation model, ODHE team members along with Tech-Prep will lead participants through workshops designed to meet specific submission needs and provide technical support.
Faculty and administrators are invited to any of these half-day workshops to learn how to:
- Prepare for a course submission
- Enter required material in CEMS
- Submit courses for review
- Duplicate the process with others at your institution
Pick Your Region to See Dates:
Central Region - Click Here for Dates and Locations
Northeast Region - Click Here for Dates and Locations
Northwest Region - Click Here for Dates and Locations
Southeast Region - Click Here for Dates and Locations
West/Southwest Region - Click Here for Dates and Locations
Registration Link - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OOTR