Ohio has developed numerous programs and initiatives to help students at public universities, colleges, and career-technical institutions seamlessly transfer academic credit.
- Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathways are designed to provide a clearer path to degree completion for students pursuing associate degrees who plan to transfer to an Ohio public university to complete their bachelor’s degree.
- The Ohio Transfer to Degree Guarantee enables Ohio students to streamline credit transfer among the state's public institutions of higher education and from adult/secondary career-technical institutions to find the best pathways to degree completion and launch successful careers.
- The Credit When It’s Due initiative aims to assist eligible transfer students from an Ohio two-year community or technical college with obtaining an associate degree.
- Ohio Transfer 36 - Ohio students are guaranteed the transfer of applicable credits among Ohio's public colleges and universities and equitable treatment in the application of credits to admissions and degree requirements. This site provides information on general education coursework that students can complete and transfer.
- The One-Year Option allows graduate from an Ohio Technical Center 600+ hour program to earn a block of technical credit toward an Associates of Technical Studies.
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) - Students with prior learning in a particular discipline area can take a nationally recognized exam to demonstrate their competencies.
- Awarding of College Credit for Military Training/Experience - Ohio's public institutions of higher education are committed to the acceptance and awarding of college credit for military training and experience.