|ABOUT||RFP||ASK A QUESTION|
The Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) will distribute funding to support need-based financial aid to students enrolled in a state institution of higher education to obtain a certificate that may be completed in less than one year and for which the certificate leads to an industry-recognized credential for an in-demand job. The investments will support the ability of the state of Ohio to retain and expand existing businesses, attract new investments and talent, and further entrepreneurship.
- Eligible Applicants, Certificates, Students, and Expenses
- ODHE will distribute funds to a state institution of higher education, as defined in section 3345.011 of the Ohio Revised Code. The funds must be used by the institution to make grant awards to eligible students. Eligible students are students enrolled in a qualifying certificate program.
- Qualifying certificate means the certificate can be earned in less than one year (less than 30 semester hours or 900 clock hours) and leads to a credential (e.g. certification or license) required to qualify for an in-demand job. Institutions are encouraged to select qualifying certificates that received technical certificate designation by the Chancellor and can lead to an occupation with a median wage of $13.47/hour (OhioMeansJobs criterion).
- In-demand job means a job that is determined to be in demand in Ohio and its regions under section 6301.11 of the Ohio Revised Code.
A list of in-demand jobs is found at: http://omj.ohio.gov/OMJResources/InDemandRegional-All.stm
The Request for Proposals provides additional details on the requirements and process an institution needs to follow to be considered for funding. Proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Short Term Certificate Program Request for Proposals
- Program snapshot, budget, and implementation schedule
- Short Term Certificate Program Form
- Technical Certificate Inventory
If you need additional assistance, contact John Magill, assistant deputy chancellor economic advancement, at 614‐752‐9530 or email@example.com.