Ohio celebrated the third annual Digital Learning Day. This special event provides a welcome opportunity to celebrate Ohio’s commitment to increasing student access to quality digital and blended learning. Please join us as we celebrate and explore innovative learning facilitated by technology and the power of mobile learning. John R. Kasich, Governor of the State of Ohio has issued a resolution recognizing February 5, 2014 as Digital Learning Day in Ohio.
"I Am A Digital Learner" Video Contest: The Winner Is...
Ohio students were invited to showcase their creative talents and technology skills in a video contest with students across Ohio. Videos were available for public voting from January 27-31. Go here to find out who won!
Perspectives on Digital Learning in Ohio
- Steve Dackin, Superintendent, Reynoldsburg City Schools
- Brent Wise, Director of Innovation and Extended Learning, Hilliard City Schools
- Ashlin Henderson, English Language Arts teacher ,Lancaster City Schools
- Edward A. Hill, Jr., Digital Learning Specialist, Ohio Resource Center (ORC) and Director of Wexford Innovations
Creative Learning Factory
The Ohio Historical Society provided FREE interactive distance learning programs to Ohio students on Digital Learning Day, February 5, 2014.
Three sessions took place: High School (8:30am); Middle School (10:00am); and Elementary (1:00pm). Sessions were streamed live via YouTube allowing students to interact with the program characters via chat.
Pre-recorded were also be made available.
- High School : Picture This
- Middle School: Mound Building Cultures
- Elementary : Pieces of the Past
Digital Learning Day Links:
- Digital Learning Day 2014 is a nationwide celebration of innovative teachers and common-sense, effective applications of digital learning in America’s schools that support teachers, improve learning, and provide options for students to achieve at their highest potential.
- Highlights from past Digital Learning Days are listed at the link, and news and information about upcoming events will also be added.
- Webinars & Professional Development: Free professional development was provided for Ohio educators on February 5, 2014. Recorded sessions available.
- Internet Safety: Resources for Educators: With the widespread use of technology and the Internet, it is essential to teach students about privacy and safety in the cyber world.
Celebrating Digital Learning Day: “Our mission is to ensure that every student graduates with the skills needed to advance in college, career and civic life.” - A message from Tim Presiado, Interim President New Tech Network
Ohio Digital Learning Day Partners:
For more information about how Ohio is celebrating Digital Learning Day, contact:
Technology Learning Consultant