All K-12 Ohio students may participate. Students can enter the contest individually or as a team of two or three people.
- A school teacher or administrator must submit the video following the guidelines outlined in the Educator Rules and Submission Guidelines below.
Video Submission Requirements
The video must be:
- More than one minute and less than three minutes in length;
- Submitted to Google Drive in one of the video file formats listed on the Google Drive Video File page;
- The entrant’s original idea. Entrants must not knowingly copy another person’s idea. Entries that are similar ideas will not be excluded; and
- The entrant’s original work, including graphics and music.
The video must not:
- Exceed three minutes in length;
- Contain music that isn’t originally written, performed and produced by the entrant;
- Include third parties, including celebrities and friends who did not expressly authorize the entrant to display or use their images, likenesses or voices.
The following will be automatically disqualified:
- Videos that have ANY trademarked or copyrighted materials. Videos will be automatically disqualified for displaying: logos on computers; names of search engines; names of online marketplaces; movie posters in the back of a room; logos on shirts, shorts, pants, shoes, or hats (even in the background); music that students did not create themselves; etc.
Video Submission Timeline
- The submission deadline is Jan. 6, 2014, 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Judges’ Review – First, a panel of judges consisting of professionals in the field of educational technology will review the videos. The panel will select the videos that will move on for public voting.
- Judges will select finalist videos from three grade-level categories: Grades K-4, Grades 5-8, and Grades 9-12.
- There is no guarantee there will be finalists in any grade-level category.
- Public voting is Jan. 20- 28, 2014.
- Announcement of finalists will be at the Ohio Educational Technology Conference, Jan. 27-29, 2014. The conference will feature the videos.
Video Submission Directions
- Teachers or school administrators must submit the videos for student entrants. The videos must be uploaded to a Google Drive account. The URL for the video uploaded to the Google Drive account will be used during the registration process. For more information on how to post a video, go to the Google Drive Video Submission Help Page.
- Register the submitted videos online by going to the Digital Learning Day website video registration page.
- A separate registration form must be completed for each video submission.
- Complete all information accurately.
- Copy and paste the URL to the Google Drive video in the URL section of the registration form. Double check to make sure the link is correct.
- If working as a team, each team member’s name and grade must be on the registration form.
- Once verification of all information is complete, judges will receive the Google Drive video link for review.
- The deadline for submitting videos is 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, Jan. 6, 2014.