All K-12 Ohio students may participate. Students can enter the contest individually or as a team of two or three people.
- A school teacher or administrator must submit the video following the submission guidelines outlined in the Educator Rules and Submission Guidelines.
How do you use technology to learn?
This video contest gives you a chance to explain how you use technology and digital tools to learn both inside and outside school.
Your video can be a simple shot showing how you learn with technology or a more elaborate video, using techniques such as animation. You or your team must produce the video and it must be about learning with technology.
Video Submission Requirements
The video must be:
- More than one minute and less than three minutes in length;
- Submitted to Google Drive in one of the video file formats listed on the Google Drive Video File page;
- An original idea from you or your team; and
- You or your team’s original work, including graphics and music.
The video must not:
- Exceed three minutes in length;
- Include trademarked logos, cartoons and phrases, which includes the clothes people in the video are wearing and posters on the wall;
- Contain music that isn’t originally written, performed and produced by you or your team;
- Include people, including celebrities and friends, who did not give permission to display their images, likenesses or voices.
Video Submission Timeline
- The submission deadline is Jan. 6, 2014, 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Judges’ Review – First, a panel of judges consisting of professionals in the field of educational technology will review the videos. The panel will select the videos that will move on for public voting.
- Judges will select finalist videos from three grade-level categories: Grades K-4, Grades 5-8, and Grades 9-12.
- There is no guarantee there will be finalists in any grade-level category.
- Public voting is Jan. 20-28, 2014.
- Announcement of finalists will be at the Ohio Educational Technology Conference, Jan. 27-29, 2014. The conference will feature the videos.
- Announcement of winners will be on Digital Learning Day, Feb. 5, 2014.
How to Submit Your Video
- Your teacher or school administrator must submit your video following the Educator Rules and Submission Guidelines.
- The deadline for submitting a video is 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, Jan. 6, 2014.