Alternative Licensure Institutes

Prospective teachers who already hold a bachelor's degree may seek an Alternative Resident Educator (RE) license. Candidates must complete an evaluation by the Ohio Department of Education Licensure Office and then complete an Instititue listed below. The Alternative RE license is not received until a school/district hires the candidate. 

Intensive Pedagogical Training Institute  

Alternative Resident Educator Institutes

The following Alternative Resident Educator Institutes offered by universities have been approved by the Chancellor: 

The following Alternative Resident Educator Institutes offered by organizations have been approved by the Chancellor: 

Professional Development Institutes

The following Professional Development Institutes meet the requirements to advance the Alternative Resident Educator License to the Professional License: