GEAR UP Ohio Consortia Sites
Ohio’s GEAR UP state project is focused on embedding a college-going culture in targeted schools and communities to increase the number of low-income students prepared to enter and succeed in postsecondary education.The project's goals reflect a commitment to eliminate major college access barriers for priority students to increase:
- academic performance;
- preparation for postsecondary education;
- rates of high school graduation and enrollment in postsecondary education; and
- students’ and their families’ knowledge of postsecondary options, preparation and financing.
Each consortium site includes educational, college access and business partners, providing direct services and scholarship funding support to priority students. These consortia work under the direction of and in partnership with the Ohio Board of Regents (OBR), the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) and College Now Greater Cleveland.
Moving forward, increased community involvement will help sustain the sites and spread GEAR UP practices to other school sites and communities across Ohio.
Resources for GEAR UP Ohio Sites, Students, and Parents
- Supporting First Generation Students
- Ohio College Application Month
- Ohio College Goal Sunday
- Ohio College Credit Plus
- Choose Ohio First
- Ohio's Campuses
For information regarding GEAR UP Ohio, please contact: