|OVERVIEW||GEAR UP SCHOLARSHIPS||ACTIVITIES & SERVICES||RESOURCES|
Activities & Services
GEAR UP Ohio sites provide comprehensive mentoring, outreach, and supportive services to participating students and their families. Supportive services include:
- Providing information regarding financial aid for postsecondary education;
- Encouraging student enrollment in rigorous and challenging curricula and coursework, in order to reduce the need for remedial coursework at the postsecondary level;
- Improving the number of participating students who -
- obtain a secondary school diploma; and
- complete application for and enroll in a program of postsecondary education.