|OVERVIEW||SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM||ACTIVITIES & SERVICES||RESOURCES & BRANDING|
Ohio’s GEAR UP state project is focused on embedding a college-going culture in targeted schools and communities to increase the number of low-income students prepared to enter and succeed in postsecondary education.The project's goals reflect a commitment to eliminate major college access barriers for priority students to increase:
- academic performance;
- preparation for postsecondary education;
- rates of high school graduation and enrollment in postsecondary education; and
- students’ and their families’ knowledge of postsecondary options, preparation and financing.
Each consortium site includes educational, college access and business partners, providing direct services and scholarship funding support to priority students. These consortia work under the direction of and in partnership with the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE), the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) and College Now Greater Cleveland.
Moving forward, increased community involvement will help sustain the sites and spread GEAR UP practices to other school sites and communities across Ohio.
GEAR UP Ohio Consortia Sites
- Crooksville: Crooksville Exempted Village Schools, Muskingum County Community Foundation's Scholarship Central Access Program, Zane State College
- Marion: Marion City Schools, United Way of Marion County, The Ohio State University at Marion
- Norwood: Norwood City Schools, Cincinnati Youth Collaborative, UC Blue Ash College
- Parma: Parma City Schools, College Now Greater Cleveland, Cuyahoga Community College Western Campus
For information regarding GEAR UP Ohio, please contact:
State Director, GEAR UP