Grants.gov - The place to go to find and apply for federal grants. Use the links below to search by agency.
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Defense
- Department of Education
- Department of Energy
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Labor
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- National Council on Disability
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Science Foundation
Requests for Proposals (RFP)
The following list contains Requests for Proposals (RFP) that are administered by the Ohio Department of Higher Education and are in process/active. For information about closed RFPs from previous years, go here.
- RFP Release: September 24, 2020
- The proposals submission window closed on December 9, 2020.
- Please see this page for more information.
2. STEM Public-Private Partnership Pilot Program
- RFP Release: March 23, 2021
- Please see this dedicated webpage for more info.
3. Aspire FY2021 Competitive Grant
The Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) Aspire Adult Workforce Readiness Education program is accepting applications from eligible providers to implement and improve adult education and literacy activities within the state.
The Aspire Grant Application is now available on the Aspire Grants webpage.
Aspire programs assist adults in developing literacy skills necessary for employment and self-sufficiency; obtaining educational skills necessary to become full partners in the educational development of their children; and achieving the educational skills necessary for completion of a secondary level of education. This funding is made available through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Title II, Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA).
Grant opportunities include:
- Aspire Instructional, WIOA Section 231
- Corrections Education & Other Institutionalized Individuals, WIOA Section 225
- Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE), WIOA Section 243
Applicants may apply for one of the above or any combination of grant opportunities. The deadline for applying for the three-year grant(s) is 5:00 PM EST on March 31, 2021.
Timeline for the RFP:
- RFP Issued: 2/1/21
- Recorded Informational Webinar Posted: 2/12/21
- Deadline for Accepting Grant Questions: 3/5/21
- RFP/Grant(s) Application Submission Deadline: 3/31/21
- Award Notifications Issued: 6/4/21
The Aspire Grants Guidance and other grant resources are available at this page.
All questions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses will be posted on the grants page of the ODHE website.
4. Evaluation – Data Synthesis and Action Plan Development
Summary: The Chancellor is seeking proposals from qualified vendor(s) and will review proposed model support services to implement campus power and gender-based violence prevention and response strategies. The above recommendation will be the basis for future campus-based strategies, or initiatives, needed by Ohio’s higher education institutions to effectively implement the remaining recommendations of the Changing Campus Culture report.
- RFP release date - March 8, 2021
- Questions due by 12 p.m. March 15, 2021
- Bidders call at
11:00 a.m. March 18, 2021(CANCELLED DUE TO NO QUESTIONS BEING SUBMITTED)
- Proposals Due by 12 p.m. April 9, 2021
- Review, score, and select vendor(s) - April 12th – May 7th, 2021
Purpose: The Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) will make strategic regional investments in equipment and facilities to develop and support postsecondary institutions’ workforce development projects that enhance the economic growth of students and businesses. The investments will directly impact the ability of the state of Ohio to retain and expand existing businesses, attract new enterprises, and further entrepreneurship by addressing regional talent and workforce needs. These regional investments (in a total of seven regions – map available here) will address regionally identified industry-specific occupation and skill requirements.
- RFP Release: March 8, 2021
- RAPIDS 2021 Budget and Implementation Schedule
- Proposals Submission Window: March 8, 2021 - May 14, 2021
- Proposal Review Begins: May 14, 2021
- Notification of Awarded Proposals: September 2021
6. Evaluation - Campus Climate Survey Support
Overview and Scope: The State of Ohio is committed to changing the culture on Ohio’s campuses, public and private, in regard to preventing and responding to power and gender-based violence. To support a safer campus environment for all of Ohio’s students, the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) encourages immediate and thoughtful action to help prevent the occurrence of terrible crimes and ultimately support every college and university’s aim to provide an excellent and safe learning environment for students through the collection of climate survey data. With the goal of ending and preventing power and gender-based violence on Ohio’s campuses, the Chancellor of the Ohio Department of Higher Education is issuing this RFP for consultative services and technical assistance to support campus leaders in implementing the following recommendation found in the Changing Campus Culture report.
- RFP release date - March 24, 2021
- Questions due by 12 p.m. - April 2, 2021
Bidders call at 12 p.m. - April 7, 2021(CANCELLED DUE TO NO QUESTIONS BEING SUBMITTED)
- Proposals Due by 12 p.m. - April 23, 2021
- Review, score, and select vendor(s) - April 26 – May 28, 2021
Overview and Scope: The State of Ohio is committed to ensuring that Ohio’s students have the support they need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Unfortunately, both nationally and in Ohio, the FAFSA completion rates have declined dramatically in the time of COVID-19. Recent data suggest that FAFSA completion rates in Ohio have declined 8.9% compared to the same period last year.
The FAFSA allows students to qualify for federal Pell grants, state grants, and most scholarships. Historically, the FAFSA has been one of the best predictors of enrollment in colleges, universities, and training centers. The decline in FAFSA completion represents a significant loss in funding for students and, likely, a significant decline in postsecondary enrollment in Ohio.
With the goal of encouraging more students to complete their FAFSA, the Chancellor of the Ohio Department of Higher Education is issuing this RFP for branding and marketing services to support outreach to Ohio’s students and families with the goal of encouraging more Ohio students to complete their FAFSAs.
The Chancellor is seeking proposals from qualified vendor(s) and will review proposed services. The award of this RFP will result in a contract for up to $100,000 with the Chancellor.
- RFP release date : May 7, 2021
- Bidders call: May 13, 2021 by 12 p.m.
- Q&A (May 17, 2021)
- Proposals Due: May 19, 2021 by 12 p.m.
- Review, score, and select vendor(s): May 19 - May 21, 2021
8. Tech Prep Regional Centers
Overview: The Ohio Department of Education, in collaboration with the Ohio Department of Higher Education, seeks proposals to establish Ohio Tech Prep Regional Centers for the FY22-23 biennium. Established Ohio Tech Prep Regional Centers will be issued competitive grant funds to expand the number of students with access to career-technical education. These grant funds, amounting in total up to $2,686,474 pending final budget allocation, shall be used to directly support career services provided to students enrolled in school districts, including joint vocational school districts, and affiliated higher education institutions. Proposal requirements, submission process & timeline are included in the Ohio Tech Prep Request for Proposals. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Ohio Tech Prep Grant Administrator, Brenna Bartlett at Brenna.Bartlett@education.ohio.gov.
9. Training & Education - Media Design & Production
Overview and Scope: The State of Ohio is committed to changing the culture on Ohio’s campuses, public and private, in regard to preventing and responding to sexual violence. To support a safer campus environment for all of Ohio’s students, the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) encourages immediate and thoughtful action to help prevent the occurrence of terrible crimes and ultimately support every college and university’s aim to provide an excellent and safe learning environment for all. With the goal of ending and preventing sexual violence on Ohio’s campuses, the Chancellor of the Ohio Department of Higher Education is issuing this RFP for media design and production of a training program to support campus leaders in implementing the following recommendations found in the Changing Campus Culture report.
- Empower staff, faculty, campus law enforcement, and students to prevent and respond to sexual violence through evidence-based training.
- Adopt a Survivor-Centered Response.
- RFP release date - July 12, 2021
- Bidders call at 12 p.m. - July 29, 2021
- Proposals Due by 12 p.m. - August 16, 2021
- Review, score, and select vendor(s) - August 18 – 30, 2021
1. Provider Partnership to Build a Pay for Success (PFS) Project that Funds College Access and Success Coaching for Recipients of the Ohio National Guard Scholarship
Overview: The Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) requests information from college access and success service providers to contribute relevant experiences, information, and ideas to inform the development of a new Pay for Success (PFS) initiative serving recipients of the Ohio National Guard Scholarship. The ODHE staff will evaluate all RFI submissions on respondents’ capacity to participate in the proposed PFS initiative. Before approving programs through the RFI process, the ODHE team may consult the Ohio Adjutant General's Department, the Ohio National Guard, and the Ohio Treasurer’s Office.
- RFI Issuance: November 2, 2020
- Responses Due: Monday, November 16, 2020; 5:00pm EST
Requests for Quotes (RFQ)
The Ohio Department of Higher Education requests quotes for a state-level academic program review software system.
- Signed proposals must arrive by 5:00 PM, May 15, 2020.
- Quotes and questions will be accepted by email to Donna Albanese (email@example.com)
- Exhibit A: Master Cloud Service Agreement Template (.docx)
- Exhibit B: Service Attachment for SaaS Number (.docx)
- Supplement A: State IT Policy, Standard and Service Requirements (.docx)
- Supplement S: State Information Security and Privacy Requirements (.docx)
- Q&A | Updated May 13, 2020
- RFQ Release: April 13, 2020
- RFQ Deadline: May 15, 2020
- Evaluation of Responses: June 22, 2020
- Anticipated Award Date: TBD
- Anticipated Full Implementation: July 31, 2021
College Advance Job Training (Post-Secondary Education)
Ohio Central School System is seeking multiple accredited colleges or universities to provide college level courses and employment skills to offenders within the Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (ODRC) facilities around the state of Ohio. Courses provided will lead to or support the completion of a certificate or credential (degree) from that college or university.
- RFP Posted: April 21, 2021
- Inquiry Period: April 21-28, 2021
- Estimated Award Date: May 30, 2021
- For more information, see the Ohio DAS Procurement website.