Grants.gov - The place to go to find and apply for federal grants. Use the links below to search by agency.
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Defense
- Department of Education
- Department of Energy
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Labor
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- National Council on Disability
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Science Foundation
Requests for Proposals (RFP)
The following list contains Requests for Proposals (RFP) that are administered by the Ohio Department of Higher Education and are in process/active. For information about closed RFPs from previous years, go here.
Program Purpose: The Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) will make strategic investments to support expanded opportunities for students in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medical (STEMM) fields. The investments will directly impact the ability of the state of Ohio to educate and train students to meet Ohio’s career and job opportunities today and tomorrow. Choose Ohio First provides scholarships to students in innovative academic programs developed by Ohio’s two-year and four-year, public and private colleges and universities, along with their business partners. The scholarships connect students to work-based learning experiences and careers in STEMM fields in order to recruit and retain these students in Ohio. Choose Ohio First is part of a strategic effort to deepen Ohio’s economic strength by increasing the talent pipeline for STEMM-related industries, including computer science, through degree and certificate completion.
- RFP Release: September 24, 2020
- COF FY21 New Funding Webinar Registration | October 7, 2020 from 1pm to 2pm
- Proposals Submission Window: September 24 – December 9, 2020
- Proposal Review Begins: December 2020
- Notification of Awarded Proposals: March 2021
2. Third Frontier Research Incentives
Program Overview: Section 381.250 (Research Incentive Third Frontier) of Amended House Bill Number 166 of the 133rd Ohio General Assembly authorizes the Chancellor of High Education to use appropriated funds under this section to advance collaborative research at institutions of higher education and support programs and initiatives specifically identified in this section. Research areas, programs and initiatives eligible for funding pursuant to this Request for Proposal (RFP) include:
A. Research Areas
- Research regarding the reduction of infant mortality
- Research regarding opiate addiction issues in Ohio
- Research and programming regarding the advancement of cybersecurity initiatives in Ohio
B. Programs and Initiatives
- Ohio Manufacturing and Innovation Center
- I-CORPS @ Ohio program
- Ohio Innovation Exchange
- RFP Release: September 18, 2019
- Questions & Answers: October 16, 2019
- Proposals Submission Window: September 18, 2019 - October 17, 2019
- For proposals related to Infant Mortality research, Opiate Addiction research, Cyber Security initiatives, Ohio Manufacturing and Innovation Center, and the Ohio Innovation Exchange, one electronic PDF file sent to https://icorpsohio.org/apply.
- For proposals related to the I-Corps@Ohio program, one electronic PDF file sent to Charles See at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proposal Review begins: October 19, 2019
- Notification of Awarded Proposals: Notification of Awarded Proposals have been delayed - we are efforting to release notifications soon.
3. STEM Public-Private Partnership Pilot Program
- RFP Release: January 21, 2020
- Please see this dedicated webpage for more info.
4. Third Frontier Research Incentive - Spinal Cord
Program Overview: Section 381.520 (Research Incentive Third Frontier) of Amended House Bill Number 166 of the 133rd Ohio General Assembly authorizes the Chancellor of the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) to use appropriated funds under this section to advance collaborative research at institutions of higher education and support programs and initiatives specifically identified in this section. One of the research areas identified in this section eligible for funding is research related to spinal cord injury. The statue grants the Chancellor discretion to award up to $1.5 million per fiscal year (up to 3 million over two years) to support research in this area.
- RFP Released: February 3, 2020
- Proposals Submission Window: February 3 - March 16, 2020
- Questions & Answers (updated 3/13/2020)
- Proposal Review begins: March 16, 2020
- Notification of Awarded Proposals: May 11, 2020
5. Trauma Informed Training
Summary: The State of Ohio is committed to changing the culture on Ohio’s campuses, public and private, in regard to preventing and responding to sexual violence. To promote a safer campus environment for all of Ohio’s students, the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) encourages campus professionals have an understanding of trauma and how to build skills to respond to a disclosure of gender based violence in a trauma-informed manner. The Chancellor is seeking proposals from qualified vendor(s) and will review proposals to provide training on trauma and trauma informed response to Ohio campuses. The award of this RFP will result in a contract with the Chancellor.
- RFP released: September 23, 2020
- Questions due at 12:00 p.m. September 30, 2020
- Deadline to submit proposals at 12:00 p.m. October 20, 2020
Requests for Information (RFI)
None at this time.
Requests for Quotes (RFQ)
The Ohio Department of Higher Education requests quotes for a state-level academic program review software system.
- Signed proposals must arrive by 5:00 PM, May 15, 2020.
- Quotes and questions will be accepted by email to Donna Albanese (email@example.com)
- Exhibit A: Master Cloud Service Agreement Template (.docx)
- Exhibit B: Service Attachment for SaaS Number (.docx)
- Supplement A: State IT Policy, Standard and Service Requirements (.docx)
- Supplement S: State Information Security and Privacy Requirements (.docx)
- Q&A | Updated May 13, 2020
- RFQ Release: April 13, 2020
- RFQ Deadline: May 15, 2020
- Evaluation of Responses: June 22, 2020
- Anticipated Award Date: TBD
- Anticipated Full Implementation: July 31, 2021