Grants.gov - The place to go to find and apply for federal grants. Use the links below to search by agency.
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Defense
- Department of Education
- Department of Energy
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Labor
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- National Council on Disability
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Science Foundation
Request for Proposals (RFP)
The following list contains Requests for Proposals (RFP) that are administered by the Ohio Department of Higher Education and are in process/active. For information about closed RFPs from previous years, go here.
Purpose: Choose Ohio First began in 2008 as a way to increase the number of Ohio residents entering into and successfully completing science, technology, engineering, math, or medicine (STEMM) majors at Ohio’s public and private colleges and universities. Details of the general COF program are outlined in the following sections of Ohio Revised Code: 3333.61 through 3333.69. For this special request, the Chancellor seeks proposals from Ohio public and independent universities and colleges for designated degree and certificate programs in computer science and related areas for Choose Ohio First Scholars. Those colleges and universities whose proposals are selected through this RFP process will be awarded scholarship funds to recruit Ohio residents into the in-demand fields of and relating to computer science.
- We recommend reviewing the pdf copy of the RFP before submitting via this Qualtrics link.
- RFP Release: July 12, 2019
- Questions and Answers | Updated August 26, 2019
- Approved CIP Codes
- Proposal Summaries | Updated September 19, 2019
- Proposals Due: By 11:59 p.m. on August 26, 2019
- Anticipated Public Award Announcement: Coming soon!
2. Regionally Aligned Priorities in Delivering Skills (RAPIDS)
Purpose: The Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) will make strategic regional investments in equipment and facilities to develop and support postsecondary institutions’ workforce development projects that enhance the economic growth of students and businesses. The investments will directly impact the ability of the state of Ohio to retain and expand existing businesses, attract new enterprises, and further entrepreneurship by addressing regional talent and workforce needs. These regional investments (in a total of seven regions – map available here) will address regionally identified industry-specific occupation and skill requirements.
- RFP Release: July 23, 2019
- Proposals Submission Window: September 20 - October 4, 2019
- Proposal Review Begins: October 2019
- Notification of Awarded Proposals: Beginning November 2019
3. Third Frontier Research Incentives
Program Overview: Section 381.250 (Research Incentive Third Frontier) of Amended House Bill Number 166 of the 133rd Ohio General Assembly authorizes the Chancellor of High Education to use appropriated funds under this section to advance collaborative research at institutions of higher education and support programs and initiatives specifically identified in this section. Research areas, programs and initiatives eligible for funding pursuant to this Request for Proposal (RFP) include:
A. Research Areas
- Research regarding the reduction of infant mortality
- Research regarding opiate addiction issues in Ohio
- Research and programming regarding the advancement of cybersecurity initiatives in Ohio
B. Programs and Initiatives
- Ohio Manufacturing and Innovation Center
- I-CORPS @ Ohio program
- Ohio Innovation Exchange
- RFP Release: September 18, 2019
- Questions & Answers: October 16, 2019
- Proposals Submission Window: September 18, 2019 - October 17, 2019
- For proposals related to Infant Mortality research, Opiate Addiction research, Cyber Security initiatives, Ohio Manufacturing and Innovation Center, and the Ohio Innovation Exchange, one electronic PDF file sent to https://icorpsohio.org/apply.
- For proposals related to the I-Corps@Ohio program, one electronic PDF file sent to Charles See at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proposal Review begins: October 19, 2019
- Notification of Awarded Proposals: Beginning November 18, 2019
4. Toolkit Development - Minors on Campus Policy
Purpose: TTo promote a safer campus environment for all of Ohio’s students, the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) encourages immediate and thoughtful action to help prevent the occurrence of terrible crimes, and ultimately supports every college and university’s aim to provide an excellent and safe learning environment for all students. With the goal of ending and preventing sexual violence on Ohio’s campuses, the Chancellor of the Ohio Department of Higher Education is issuing this RFP for a toolkit to inform and support Ohio campuses in developing a comprehensive policy to protect vulnerable populations.
- RFP Release: November 15, 2019
- Questions Due: November 29, 2019
- Proposals Due: December 11, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
- Time for Review: December 12, 2019 – January 8, 2020
Request for Information (RFI)
1. Applied Bachelor's Degree Programs
- Request for Information | Released 06/11/2018
- Questions and Answers | Updated 10/31/17
- Applied Bachelor's Degrees | Home
Request for Quote (RFQ)
The Ohio Department of Higher Education requests quotes for a state-level academic program review software system.