The new HEI Portal is live and you may submit files for the following data areas: Enrollment, Facilities, Financial, Faculty/Staff, Academic Programs, and Financial aid.
New file specifications for the SE, AP, CN, and CU files must be used from this point forward, even if you are re-opening a prior year/term for corrections or updates.
HEI Institution Liaisons can set up user accounts for the new HEI Portal through the HEI Authorization site. Once you have an account, your user name is your full email and the password is one you select.
If you received a password set-up or reset email with a link that expired, you can go directly to the forgot your password page or use the 'forgot your password' option on any application login page.
Financial Aid files: The transition to the new HEI Portal for the WOS (WO, OA) and Nurse Education Assistance Loan Program (NV, NT, NA) and Ohio College Opportunity Grant (OG) files is complete.
To send a secure file for audit purposes or because there is PII in the information, please use the HEI SEcure File Exchange Site (this requires separate permissions): https://heifx.ohiohighered.org
Standard Submission Windows
- Academic Programs
- AP File: (see Enrollment Area Term-Based Files)
- File documentation: https://www.ohiohighered.org/content/ap_academic_programs_effective_au_2017_reporting
- Enrollment Area
- File documentation: https://www.ohiohighered.org/node/1778
- Term-Based Files
- Summer Term: Jun 1 – Oct 1
- Autumn Term: Oct 1 – Mar 1
- Spring Term: Feb 1 – Sep 1
- Annual Files
- DC File: Oct 1 – Sep 1
- Credit Update (CU): June 1 – Oct 1
- UF and TF - December 10 - March 2 - https://www.ohiohighered.org/node/1783
- Facilities Area
- All Facilities Files: December 1 – Feb 6
- File documentation: https://www.ohiohighered.org/node/1779
- Other Use of Instructional Rooms (OR) file is submitted once every other year for odd numbered years
- Course Section Schedule (CS) file is submitted once every other year for odd numbered years
- OS files are submitted January 1 through January 31 of odd years and reflect data from the previous two calendar years
- Faculty-Staff Area
- AM File: Dec 1 – Feb 3
- FD File: Oct 1 – Feb 3
- ST File: (see Enrollment Area Term-Based Files)
- File documentation: https://www.ohiohighered.org/node/1780
- Financial Area
- BD File: Jul 15 – Oct 1
- All Other Financial Files: Oct 1 – Feb 3
- File documentation: https://www.ohiohighered.org/node/1913
- Fees Inventory
- FI file - Feb 2020 - June 30, 2020 to report fees for the AY 2021.
- File documentation is here: https://www.ohiohighered.org/content/fees_inventory
File Structure & Specifications Changes
Please note that in the new HEI System, several file formats have been updated or changed that will affect the structure of your submissions. Click on the links provided for the detailed documentation.
Files that are not continuing:
- Financial Area: AL, CB.
- Enrollment Area: NF, SP (Consolidated into the SE file).
- Distance Learning (DL): The DL file is currently not being collected while technical updates are being assessed. HEI will inform institutions when data collection resumes.
Accounts now maintained through the HEI Auth User Management System. User name is your full email address and passwords (establishing and re-setting) are now self-service.
Data Upload Site
HEI User Guide
Use your browser’s save username and password feature to avoid having to re-type your credentials every time you log in
You can use either the navigation header or the navigation header dropdown menus to view the sub-pages underneath each functional category
Instead of using your browser’s “Back” button, use the application’s “Cancel” or “Back” buttons to close an open dialogue without action or navigate back to a previous page
Fields & Buttons
Be sure make an entry/selection for all required fields before engaging a function – all required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*)
When entering/selecting, work through the fields from top to bottom, then left to right to ensure all dependent fields are handled in order
Use the “Clear” button to reset all of the entry/selection fields if you want to start over on a page – you can also navigate away and back or click on that page again from the menu to start over
In some cases, a button may be disabled (greyed out) when certain conditions prohibit a function from occurring, e.g. Re-submitting or Deleting a file in Loaded status
On interactive grid pages, e.g. Search File, Reports, you will see a Search bar – these can be used to search in any of the available fields using the magnifying glass selector, or all fields on that page (default)
On interactive grid pages, you will see an “Actions” button – from here you can filter, sort, download, or perform a number of other dynamic report functions
Some dropdown-select fields have a feature enabled that allows you to start typing to find the selection you want; this is not “fuzzy-search” or Google-like, and you will want to type the first several characters accurately as possible, e.g. “Ohio Sta” will bring up “Ohio State University” but “Ohio Stt” will not.
This spreadsheet was created to help troubleshoot data files and create new data files in the new system for the files that were updated.