What: An event to showcase the combining of various resources in order to leverage and improve college completion and the P-12 pipeline to higher education.
Who: Ohio Department of Education State Superintendent of Public Instruction Dr. Richard Ross and Ohio Board of Regents Interim Chancellor Dr. Stephanie Davidson
When: Friday, April 12, 2013, 1:30 p.m.
Where: University of Cincinnati, College of Education, Criminal Justice and Human Services
- University of Cincinnati Provost Larry Johnson will welcome attendees to the event.
- Students will talk about their projects within the various programs and the faculty who support them.
- Chancellor Davidson and Superintendent Ross will be available for a media Q&A at the conclusion of the student presentations.
- The Allied Health collaborative project with Hughes High School.
- The Gen-1 House/3E programs geared toward first-generation students and emerging engineers.
- The Cincinnati Engineering Enhanced Mathematics and Science Program (CEEMS), led by UC in partnership with 14 school districts.
Background: The University of Cincinnati is hosting this event to spotlight the resources available to students in the Cincinnati area that can leverage and improve completion rates while providing a stronger link between P-12 education and higher education.