|About||Site Coordinat ors||Students||Volunteers||Whats Next?|
- The goal of Ohio College Application Month is to help all graduating seniors navigate through the college admissions process and ensures that each student submits at least one admissions application.
- Holding a College Application Month allows schools, organizations, and parents to support Ohio’s high school seniors in successfully applying to college. Together we can ensure that all students have the opportunity to receive hands–on assistance as they take the first big step towards continuing their education following high school. Ohio College Application Month is a part of the American College Application Campaign, a multi-state initiative designed to help all seniors to apply to college.
- Ohio College Application Month is an initiative by the Ohio Department of Higher Education, Ohio Department of Education, and the American College Application Campaign to help all graduating seniors navigate through the college admissions process and ensures that each student submits at least one admissions application. Ohio College Application Month (OCAM) partners include: schools and Educational Service Centers throughout Ohio, public and private colleges and universities in Ohio, Ohio Association of College Admissions Counselors, Ohio Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, and Battelle for Kids.
How does it work?
Schools participating in College Application Month register to participate and host events at their sites.
- Host sites are required to set aside time and space for graduating seniors to complete at least one application for postsecondary admission while receiving the encouragement and assistance of school, college, and community volunteers.
- By registering, your school or organization will receive all the materials needed to ensure a successful College Application Month program.
Get involved by volunteering to mentor students as they complete their college applications! To volunteer, please contact the Site Coordinator for your preferred site at the email listed in the table below.
Ohio College Application Month in the News
- President Proclaims November 2015 as National College Application Month
- Ohio University Eastern waiving applications fees in recognition of OCAM
- New Concord - John Glenn School
- Ohio Appalachian Collaborative
Participating Sites 2017
Each site listed below has committed to host Ohio College Application Month 2017. The site coordinators have indicated if they are seeking volunteer help for their events. Please review the list and consider volunteering your time to a site that is seeking volunteer assistance. More information on the role of volunteers is posted in the Volunteers section of the OCAM site. This page will be updated as sites complete their registration.