Train The Trainer Program
Ohio's Public Institutions came together to create and design training programs for faculty and staff across the state. The topics included: ACE/CCAF/JST tools, background and understanding of HB488, veteran transition and translation issues, and Prior Learning Assessment/MTAGs/Transferology. These modules were created by experts across Ohio and are encouraged to be used by anyone interested in conducting this training. Please feel free to use these training modules at your own institution by simply adding your logo and tailoring the questions to your own institutional needs.
Also, please contact Jshank@highered.ohio.gov if your institution plans to offer this training program and we will list it as a training opportunity.
1. American Council on Education, Joint Services Transcript, & Community College of the Air Force Transcript tools and information. *Notes are embedded in the PPT
This module is designed to give a better understanding of ACE, the JST, and the CCAF transcript to faculty and staff.
This module is designed to give a better understanding of prior learning assessment options that exist for veterans and service members, the military transfer assurance guide process, and how to utilize transferology to benefit veteran and service member students.
This module is designed to give a greater understanding of the transition and translation issues that face veterans and service members on a college campus
- "College Speak" created by Southern State Community College
- Useful Book - "Life During College - The Veteran's Guide to Success" First Edition, By Dr. Nicholas J. Osborne, Terry Arndt, and Kirrin Coleman - can be purchased at www.LifeDuringCollege.com
This module is designed to assist faculty and staff with understanding the requirements of HB488, where the law came from, and the features of the Ohio Values Veterans Toolkit.
- Webinar about the use of Ohio Means Jobs webpage (Ohio Means Veteran Jobs)
This webinar discusses the Ohio Means Jobs online tool and the Veterans components housed in that tool. This tool is used to help Ohioans with their career search as well as forecasting future in-demand jobs for Ohio and noting what degrees are required for those job fields. This will not only be useful to assist your veteran student population, but will also be applicable to your regular student population. You must register to watch the recorded webinar - the link is here
- Training and Professional Development Opportunities for Faculty and Staff
The Ohio Department of Higher Education will be providing training and professional development opportunities for faculty and staff that work with veterans and service members.
- Webinar about MTAGs in CEMS and on Transfercredit.ohio.gov
Recorded webinar about Military Transfer Assurance Guides being incoporated into the Course Equivalency Management System and transfercredit.ohio.gov. A streaming link to the webinar can be found here, and downloaded version can be found here.
- Webinars from the American Council on Education (ACE)
Join ACE for technical workshops on military transcripts and credit evaluation.
- PowerPoint Presentations and Resources from the Ohio Values Veterans Convening
The Ohio Values Veterans Convening, which took place on October 20, 2014, provided information on meeting the requirements of H.B. 488 and the Chancellor's recommendations. Access the PowerPoints and handouts from each of the sessions.