Other State Internship Programs:
Ohio Export Intern Program
For Students & Businesses
If you're a student looking for internship or co-op opportunities, or a business looking for interns, check out the OhioMeansInternships.com website.
Ohio Means Internships & Co-ops Program Info
An investment of state and private dollars to increase the number of internships and co-ops for employers and students in key industries to close the skills gap, increase student completion and give Ohio a competitive advantage in the global human capital talent marketplace.
The Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) will make strategic investments in each of the six JobsOhio regions for cooperative education and internship programs to develop and support business and postsecondary workforce development initiatives. The investments will actively support the ability of the state of Ohio to retain and expand existing businesses, attract new investment and talent, and further entrepreneurship.
The Ohio Department of Higher Education will allocate and award funds to existing and new Ohio Means Internships & Co-ops (OMIC) post-secondary institutions and their partners. The goal is to connect student co-ops and interns with In-Demand occupations at private companies and organizations within regionally targeted industries. Institutions will collaborate with businesses to identify co-op/intern opportunities to help address skill gaps and occupational shortfalls using innovative design and implementation processes
OMIC Annual meeting presentations are found here.
- 2017 Annual Report (PDF)
The following presentations are from the OMIC Annual meeting held on June 16th at Columbus State Community College's Delaware Campus:
- 2016 Annual Report (PDF)
June 19th meeting Presentations
- OMIC Meeting (PPT)
- Connecting the Career Community: Hiring Pipelines and Mobile Apps (PPT)
- Some Experiences with Co-op Educational Outcome Assessment and Advisory Boards (PDF)
- Embedding Experiential Learning at Lorain County Community College (PPT)
- The University of Akron: Data Management (PPT)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2013 Ohio Employer/Higher Ed Partnerships (listed by Institution)
- OMIC: 2013 Award Winners
- OMIC: 2013 Proposals
- 2013 OMIC Grantee Sample Feedback Loop Forms (Word)
- OMIC Additional Resources List (PDF)
- OMIC: Sharing & Collaborating to Sustain (Feb. 25, 2013) (PPT)
- OMIC Meeting Notes (Feb. 25, 2013) (PDF)
- Harnessing Ohio's Talent: Internships, Co-ops & Career Readiness (PDF)
A Business Engagement Guide for Ohio's Colleges and Universities