The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (the “FAFSA” as it is known for short) is the key to student aid, especially federal financial student aid programs. In addition, many colleges and universities use the information from the FAFSA to determine eligibility for grants.
It all starts here, and with this in mind, it is important that you know when to apply and how to fill out the FAFSA correctly.
- If you only do one thing, read the “Filling Out the FAFSA” from the U.S. Department of Education. This will tell you what you need to fill out the FAFSA, how to fill it out, and where to go for help.
- fafsa.ed.gov is the official site for the FAFSA where you can fill out the form online. Families that fill out the FAFSA online usually get responses 2 to 4 weeks sooner than those who fill it out on paper.
FAFSA Help OH is designed for students, parents, counselors, mentors, and anyone else who is looking for resources for completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to obtain financial aid assistance for college.
- The Edvisors Network has a step by step guide to filling out the FAFSA with ease.
- Peterson's has an easy to use guide to filling out the FAFSA.
- The Federal Student Aid Information Center can be contacted at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or via email at FederalStudentAidCustomerService@ed.gov.
Need help filling out your FAFSA? College Goal Sunday may be the event for you. It takes place every February at dozens of locations around Ohio.