College fairs and college nights are chances for students and families to get information about many options for college. These events have representatives from colleges, technical schools and universities who are there to help students find the right fit when it comes to higher education. College fairs and college nights are held in a variety of locations from a local high school auditorium to convention centers.
College fairs and college nights are a great way to get more information about schools you may already be considering as well as learn about options you have not considered. Below are a few tips for your trip to one of these events.
- Find out which institutions will be represented at the event. This will help you determine who you want to talk to and how much time you can spend at each table.
- Make a list of what you want to learn from each representative. Some examples are
- How many students attend your institution?
- How much financial aid do your students usually receive?
- Do most students live on or off campus?
- What does admissions look for in students?
- If you have time, check out one or two schools you have not considered to find out if they may be a good option for you.
- Take notes and collect pamphlets and contact information of the representatives of schools you are interested in attending.