The Apprenticeship Pathways initiatives advocates for individuals completing apprenticeships by incorporating these experiences into academic credit to provide a pathway to a technical associate's degree at Ohio's two-year public colleges, saving these students time and money and encouraging them to advance their academic credentials to contribute to a strong, educated workforce.
The Apprenticeship Statewide Partnership Panel (ASPP) operates as part of the Ohio Articulation and Transfer Network (OATN), an Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) consortium. The ASPP is charged with:
- overseeing the implementation process of new apprenticeship programs approved by ODHE;
- identifying the apprenticeship programs for statewide articulation agreements;
- maintaining the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) standards as appropriate for apprenticeship pathways;
- monitoring the work of each occupation specific apprenticeship panel working on a statewide articulation agreement;
- educating internal and external stakeholders;
- providing oversight of appropriate credit awarded and academic alignment for each of the apprenticeship programs;
- and working to obtain statewide endorsement of each approved apprenticeship program.
Apprenticeship programs in Ohio have partnered with public community colleges to provide pathways to a technical associate degree.
- SMWIA-SMACNA (Sheet Metal) - The Sheet Metal Workers' International Association (SMWIA)-Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors' National Association (SMACNA) Apprenticeship program for Sheet Metal Workers is a nationally recognized program provided through local Joint Apprenticeship Training Committees (JATC).
- CITF-OCJATTF (Carpentry) - The Carpenters International Training Fund (CITF)-Ohio Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship and Training Trust Fund (OCJATTF) Apprenticeship program for Carpenter, Residential Carpenter, Millwright, Cabinetmaker, Piledriving and Floor Coverer is a nationally recognized program with support from Ohio's state and local Joint Apprenticeship Training Committees (JATC).
- Plumbers & Pipefitters -
- Approval from HLC - Cuyahoga Community College, Owens Community College, & Lorain County Community College
For More Information
Ohio Department of Job & Family Services Ohio State Apprenticeship Council (OSAC)
U.S. Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeship-College Consortium (RACC)