The research agenda of the Ohio Articulation and Transfer Network (OATN) includes specific questions on the following four broad themes:
- The quantification of transfer movements among public institutions of higher education in Ohio.
- The extent of cost-savings facilitated by the transfer of credit.
- The comparison of academic performance between transfers and continuing students.
- The evaluation of recent OATN initiatives such as the Transfer Assurance Guides (TAGs) and the Advanced Placement (AP) test policy on the academic performance of transfer students.
- Research Agenda of the Ohio Articulation and Transfer Network (Word)
- Research Agenda in Brief (Word)
Reports & Data
The Ohio Department of Higher Education implemented the Advanced Placement (AP) policy for Ohi's public institutions of higher education in FY2009-10. The following report presents estimated impacts of the AP policy on indicators of academic outcome for students attending 4-year public university main campuses.
- Ohio’s 2-Year to 4-Year Transfers: Completion Rates & Regional Differences
- Advanced Placement (AP) Policy: Impacts on Academic Outcomes at 4-Year Universities – An Update with New Data (PDF)
- The Advanced Placement (AP) Policy: Long-Term Impacts on Academic Outcomes at 4-Year Universities (PDF)
- Short-Term Academic Outcome Comparisons: Before and after the AP Policy (PDF)
- A Comparison of Graduation Rates: Transfers & Continuing Students at 4-year University Main Campuses (PDF)
- Estimates of Transfer-Facilitated Savings: Concept, Methodology, Estimates & Interpretation
- Academic Outcomes of 4-Year University Freshman Cohorts: A Comparison of Dual Enrollees & Advanced Placement (AP) Credit Recipients
- The Advanced Placement (AP) Policy: Impacts on Academic Outcomes at 4-Year Universities
- Transfers in the University System of Ohio: State Initiatives and Outcomes, 2002-2009
The following tables provide the number of students transferring among Ohio's public 2-year colleges, 4-year regional campuses, and 4-year universities in each year between 2002 and 2013.
Matrix of Transfer Activities, 2002-2015 (Excel)
Matrix of Transfer Activities by Sector of Origin, 2002-2015 (Excel)