Identification of Student Veterans & Service Members
Key Points to Consider:
- How is each service member/veteran group initially identified at your institution (source)? Note that someone might be in more than one group or move among groups.
- How is each group identified in your institution's student information system (SIS)?
- Who is responsible to manage the tracking of each group (e.g. "building," "maintenance/adjusting," and "closing")?
- How will the Ohio Board of Regents want institutions to report on these students? Will your institution's identification structure support that?
- The various types of military benefits within categories can likely be managed by the type of benefit received, if necessary.