- Ohio Means Veteran Jobs provides information to help Veterans make a smooth transition into civilian life. On the website there is a list of Veteran Friendly employers, a list of top careers for Veterans, Federal and State benefits information, and tools like the Military Skills Translator to help you locate that next career.
- The 1st Stop Business Connection provides free state-level information needed to start or continue an entrepreneurial journey. The program is sponsored by the Ohio Department of Development's Small Business Development Centers and the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Employment Initiatives for Veterans - from the U.S. Department of Labor, including the Gold Card campaign and My Next Move for Veterans job search engine.
The Ohio GI Promise would not be able to succeed without the support of partners in the broader veteran community in Ohio and the United States. These partners all offer very valuable services to veterans and their families and are a tremendous resource in building a stronger veteran community.
- The Ohio Department of Veterans Services is a key partner of the Department of Higher Education and Ohio's Public Institutions. By working with ODVS, we can promote services to veterans that will help ensure their success at our colleges in universities. ODVS also offers Ohio veterans a wide range of services to help connect them the benefits they have earned.
- The Ohio GI Promise works with the Ohio National Guard to ensure that the concerns and needs of Ohio's Citizen Soldiers and Airmen are considered as they pursue college degrees in Ohio's Public Institutions.
- The United States Department of Veterans Affairs is a key contact for veterans and their dependents who seek to gain access to the benefits they earned through their military service. Please visit their website in order learn more about the full range of services available to all veterans.
Ohio's Veteran Organizations play a key role in connecting veterans to services provided by the VA, advocating on behalf of veterans, and providing a community for veterans to support their fellow comrades-at-arms through fellowship and mutual respect. Please visit the sites of these veteran organizations if you would like to learn more about how they support all of America's veterans.
Veteran Service Collaborations
The Department of Higher Education and Ohio's Public Institutions are also working with other State of Ohio agencies to help expand opportunities for veterans in Ohio beyond the GI Promise:
- Opportunities for Ohioans With Disabilities provides vocational rehabilitation services for disabled Ohio veterans.
- The Ohio Secretary of State seeks to encourage veteran and military participation in Ohio elections through the Voting Rights Institute. They also have information on their "Vote in Honor of a Veteran" program.
- American Legion
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- American Veterans (AMVETS)
- Disabled American Veterans
- Military Veterans Educational Foundation (Milvets)
- Military Order of the Purple Heart
- Marine Corps League
- Korean War Veterans
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Catholic War Veterans
- Jewish War Veterans
- Department of Defense
- United States Army
- United States Navy
- United States Marine Corps
- United States Air Force
- United States Coast Guard
- National Guard Bureau
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Mission Continues