The purpose of the program is to promote and encourage Ohio’s workforce development and job growth through educational training and retraining in programs related to employment opportunities in growing fields. Institutions must qualify as eligible institutions, and their respective workforce training and education programs must be approved by the Chancellor in order for students in those programs to be eligible for loans under the Loan Program. The funds awarded to institutions will be disbursed in the form of loans to borrowers (students enrolled in approved workforce training programs at participating institutions). Proposals must demonstrate that completion of the workforce training program will directly impact the ability of borrowers to advance their career and education.
Eligible institutions include any of the following, in good standing with national and state accrediting and authorizing entities:
1. A state institution of higher education, as defined in 3345.011 of the Ohio Revised Code;
2. A private career school, as defined in 3332.01 of the Ohio Revised Code;
3. A private nonprofit institution in this state holding a certificate of authorization pursuant to Chapter 1713 of the Ohio Revised Code;
4. A private institution exempt from regulation under Chapter 3332 of the Ohio Revised Code as prescribed in section 3333.046 of the Ohio Revised Code, if the program has a certificate of authorization pursuant to Chapter 1713 of the Ohio Revised Code;
5. A career technical center, joint vocational school district, comprehensive career technical center, or compact career technical center offering adult training.
Once institutions are qualified and workforce training and education programs are approved by the Chancellor, the Ohio Treasurer’s office oversees the process by which the loans are applied for, disbursed, and serviced.
- OhioMeansJobs Workforce Revolving Loan Program Request for Proposals
- Program snapshot, budget, and implementation sechedule
- Ohio Means Jobs Workforce Development Loan Program Informational Webinar on May 20, 2019 at 2:15 PM. Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/200883370368701699
Informational call is every third Monday of the month at 2:15 PM.
Please register for Ohio Means Jobs Workforce Development Loan Program Informational Webinar on May 20, 2019 2:15 PM EDT at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/200883370368701699
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar
If you need additional assistance, contact John Magill, assistant deputy chancellor economic advancement, at 614‐752‐9530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.